Schedule for Sunday, February 21, 2021 https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82949233729 (Occurrence 7 of 7.)
9:30 am – Sunday school for all ages.
- Children and youth meet online for singing and SS activities.
- The Adult class is continuing to have discussions on various topics, including the weekly Sunday lectionary gospel reading (Mark 1:9-15). The overall discussion is on being a healthy church community.
- Baptism and Church Membership class meets with Pastor Lee.
11:00 am – Worship. Called to deep relationship.
Genesis 9:8-17; 1 Peter 3:18-22; Mark 1:9-15
Focus: The voice of God pierces the deep, calling us to deep relationship. With the floodwaters behind us and waters of baptism holding us, our relationship with God establishes our identity with other people and the world we live in. How is God calling you to deep relationship? God calls you “beloved”; what name do you give God?
Feb 28, SUN – Sunday school and worship.
Mar 3, WED, 7pm – Service & Outreach Committee meets.
Mar 7, SUN – Sunday school and worship. Virtual CROP Walk.
May 14-16, 2021 – AMC Retreat.
Mennonite church announcements
1. MC USA’s first Learn, Pray, Join initiative of 2021 will focus on the “Cost of War” to highlight a core peace church value: resistance to war, both in our neighborhoods and overseas. In a webinar on Thursday, February 25 at 6:30-7:30 pm Central Time / 7:30-8:30 pm Eastern Time, panelists will bring awareness to the economics of war and share the various ways they have resisted paying for war. For more information and to register, go tohttps://www.mennoniteusa.org/ministry/peacebuilding/learn-pray-join/cost-of-war/webinar/
2. Virtual Prairie View Pastors’ Lunch: Are you experiencing significant loss and grief while also doing your best to support others in similar situations? Join Dr. Elizabeth Guhman, licensed psychologist of Prairie View, on February 23, 12 noon via Zoom. Contact Sara Lyon at email@example.com to receive the Zoom link.
3. Join the Youth Venture Civil Rights Tour! Visit places of historical significance, hear stories and learn why our faith calls us to stand against injustice and with the oppressed. Visit MennoniteMission.net/YouthVenture for more information on this summer trip.